What is E-light Hair Removal?
It is the removal of the unwanted hair on different areas of our body such as the face, underarms, chest, abdomen, legs, bikini, etc.
What technology is use for the procedure?
- Orchidia MedSpa uses E-Light, which is a combination of two different systems that have been on the market for several years (Intense pulse light and radiofrequency). This combination has shown excellent results compared to each individually.
- Intense Pulse Light (IPL) releases filtered and controlled light that is absorbed by the melanin, the pigment of the hair. This will cause increase heat on the adjacent cells where hair growth occurs, causing the inactivation of that cell. Using the IPL together with Radiofrequency (RF) further allows the IPL to better penetrate the epidermis, so all types of skin can be treated. This includes light or dark skin that produces brown/black,blonde, red or gray hair.Helps to increase skin tone on face, neck, chest and arms.
What are the benefits of using E-light?
- Rejuvenate skin while removing unwanted hair.
- Faster results for hair removal.
- Can be use from light to dark skin without affection the melanin.
- Helps to increase skin tone on face, neck, chest and arms.
- Less side effects as less energy used from IPL component.
How often are the treatments required and how long does it take?
- E-light requires treatment sessions every 4 to 6 weeks, as it is required that the hair be in an active phase of growth.
- You will require 6 to 8 sessions to get the best results.
- Each session take 15 minutes to 1 hour depending on the area treated.
- Individual Results May Vary.
How to prepare for the Hair Removal Procedure?
- Get a medical evaluation with a physician for qualifications for the procedure.
- Limit plucking, waxing and electrolysis for 6 weeks prior the procedure, as we want to target the root of the hair which is removed with the above procedures.
- Shave the area to be treated prior the procedure.
- Avoid sun exposure 6 weeks prior and after the procedure.