BEAUTIFUL SKIN with the power of light!
What is BBL?
BBL is broad band light that treats age spots, rosacea, small facial veins, and many other skin conditions.
The light energy emitted by BBL will heat the upper layers of the skin and then will stimulate your skin cells to regenerate. BBL initially will correct imperfections and then will start the process to restore your skin, making it clearer, smoother, vibrant, and younger looking. After the first treatment you will notice smoother skin, less noticeable pores and uneven pigmentation will fade.
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments needed will vary from patient to patient, usually taking 3 to 4 treatments, scheduled every 30 days. The doctors will personalize a treatment plan based on your needs and desired outcome.
What will happen during the procedure?
- The procedure is performed by our board-certified physicians.
- The procedure is typically not painful.
- Your eyes will be protected with safety shields or glasses.
- Topical cold gel will be applied on your face and you may briefly feel a warm or “rubber band snap” sensation as the light is absorbed by the targeted areas.
- The procedure will take a few minutes to 1 hour depending of the area to be treated.
How often are the treatments required?
- It is recommended to complete 4 to 6 treatment sessions to attain best results.
- Appointments are usually scheduled every 3 to 4 weeks and maintenance treatments every 6 months are recommended depending on your skin type and your lifestyle.
- Other non-invasive treatments can be used in the interim such Platelet Rich Plasma, VI PEEL, Micro-needling and special cosmeceuticals provided by the physician to boost the results of photo rejuvenation treatments.
What should I expect after the treatment?
You may experience some redness that should resolve within a few hours. If you have dark spots, you will see a darkening of the treated areas followed by fading and flaking off at a later stage.
Results depend on your skin type, the number of treatments, and the area treated.
How long will it take to recover and what aftercare procedure should I follow?
This is non-invasive and no downtime is required. You will be able to return to work, and resume most of your activities immediately.
Ideally, avoid exposure to the sun for at least 48 hours and always use sunscreen.